Herefordshire bioenergy for farm businesses workshop
Date(s) - 07/11/2013
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Hop Kiln
Bookings are closed for this event.
EBRI is working with rural sustainability consultants Greenwatt Technology this Autumn, to run a programme of free workshops designed to help West Midlands farmers and landowners make the most of the wealth of bioenergy opportunities within the region and to turn farm bioenergy opportunities and turn ideas into practice.
Each introductory workshop will be ‘hands on’ using case studies and enterprise scenarios – and each will provide an optional visit to see a successful farm based bioenergy project in action.
Workshops topics will include:
- Introduction to bioenergy technologies – anaerobic digestion, biomass, biofuels
- Producing the feedstock – farm wastes, energy crops
- Examining the market for bioenergy in the West Midlands – demand, distribution
- Biofuels for farm transport
- Barriers to bioenergy projects – planning restrictions, H&S, grid connectivity
- Financing your bioenergy project – capital, ROI, funding sources
The workshop will run from 10.00 – 15.00 followed by an optional local visit to see a biomass plant in operation.
Those farmers and landowners wishing to take their ideas forward will be offered on-farm feasibility studies and 1:1 discussions with EBRI bioenergy specialists during November and December 2013.