Biochar Workshop for businesses – date announced
EBRI has announced the date of its next Biochar Workshop for West Midlands businesses. The one-day event will be held at Millennium Point in central Birmingham on 25 October 2023.
Further details can be found below:
Helping you be a key player in the biochar and bioproducts market
Why you should attend
- Discover more about biochar, its wide variety of benefits and uses including carbon capture, water treatment, odour control, soil improvement and industrial applications.
- Find out how our innovative pyrolysis technology developed with our industrial partners is able to transform organic material such as sawdust, fallen and diseased trees, chicken manure and agricultural straw, into commercially valuable bioproducts – biochar, gas and liquids.
- Explore new commercial opportunities for your business. West Midlands companies are invited to join us to develop new low carbon products for growing markets such as:
- Low carbon fuel for boilers and engines.
- Soil conditioners and products for improved plant, tree and animal health.
- Biochar for carbon capture and credits.
- Biochar for water treatment and odour control.
- Biochar for building and composite materials.
- Bioliquids for low carbon weedkiller, fungicide and plant growth enhancer.
Who should attend
- Anaerobic Digestion (AD) Industry
- Arboretums and Arborologists
- Environmental Managers
- Estate Managers
- Food and Drink Industry
- Horticulturists & Nurseries
- Landscapers & Gardening Companies
- Odour Control Companies
- Property Developers
- Soil & Compost Companies
- Waste Industry
- Water Treatment Companies
- Wood Industry
Request a place at the workshop
Email [email protected]
Please note: Owing to popular demand, places are limited to one person per organisation. Once you have registered your interest to attend the EBRI team will be in contact to confirm your place. This event is for West Midlands businesses.
West Midlands Innovation Accelerator
This workshop event for businesses is being delivered as part of Aston University’s Biochar CleanTech Accelerator project. Our university has been awarded funding for this project as part of the West Midlands Innovation Accelerator to bolster the region’s innovation and R&D capability and capacity to spark commercial growth and investment.
First announced in the Government’s 2022 Levelling Up White Paper, the West Midlands Innovation Accelerator commenced in May 2023, funded through a share of a £100m fund from Innovate UK, to be divided by three regional Innovation Accelerators over the next two years.
Aims of the Innovation Accelerator include accelerating the region’s engineering research & development, boosting inward investment, and reinforcing the West Midlands’ position at the frontier of the UK innovation revolution by enabling businesses to develop new products, processes and services.
The West Midlands Innovation Board has targeted investment on projects enabling new solutions around Medical and Clean Technologies, following initial expressions of interest in June 2022.