The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) at Aston University has world-leading scientists and state-of-the-art research facilities to help industry develop the next generation of bioenergy, energy-from-waste, bioproducts and energy system solutions.
With a range of world-class laboratories, testing facilities and industrial-scale demonstration technology, EBRI provides a unique and accessible resource for businesses to ‘bridge the gap’ between cutting-edge university research and practical industry applications.
Whether your business is a leading multinational or a micro-sized start-up you can access EBRI’s Innovation Services:
Feedstock Testing & Analysis
- Gasification Modelling: Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling, simulation and analysis for gasification of solid waste streams.
- Pyrolysis Testing: Laboratory pyrolysis testing for waste, residues and feedstocks plus analysis of bio-oil, gas and biochar products.
Biofuels & Engines
- Biofuels Analysis: Characterisation and analysis of biofuels for engine applications.
- Biofuels Upgrading: Blending and upgrading of biofuels for optimal engine performance.
- Engine Testing: Practical internal combustion engine testing and analysis of fuel performance and emissions.
Technical Expertise & Advice
- Project Appraisal: Economic analysis and feasibility for bioenergy projects and business case recommendations.
- Planning Advice: One-to-One advice and guidance for bioenergy planning applications.
- Technical Reports: Bespoke scientific reviews and analysis for bioenergy technologies, policy and markets.
Research & Development
- SME Innovation Funding: Advice and guidance to assist small businesses to access R&D.
- Collaborative Research: Work with EBRI’s researchers, scientists and laboratory facilities to develop a new research project with your company.
Executive Development – The EBRI Value from Waste Master Class Series
- A comprehensive and structured introduction to the bioenergy sector for businesses and entrepreneurs. The Master Class Series includes workshops, technical demonstrations and site visits covering the four fundamentals of bioenergy:
- Technologies and Feedstocks
- Supply Chains
- Business Opportunities
- Carbon Reduction